So he (or she) has popped the question and slipped a very pretty ring on your finger - you have gotten engaged – Congratulations. You have lots of things to plan and think about between now and the big day, and this can all be quite stressful, but there is no need for the honeymoon arrangements to add to that stress.
A honeymoon is likely to be the most significant holiday a couple take, so here are some tips to help you plan (and agree on) the perfect honeymoon:
1. Your honeymoon is the one holiday you do not want to take any chances with, so always book via a reputable TRAVEL AGENT. As well as offering piece of mind a travel agent cares about your honeymoon, has likely helped many other couples with their honeymoon plans, will have lots of expertise as to where the best resorts and hotels are, and can usually get you extra’s such as room upgrades, free spa treatments, discounts or other freebies as part of your trip.
2. Write a list of what you both want and expect from the honeymoon, then compare them and look for the similarities, a travel agent will be able to help you plan from there. Some couples find it is good to go somewhere, or do something completely different to what they have done before.
3. Set a budget. Before you even start looking at destinations, discuss and know what your maximum budget is. Lots of couples want to have a 5* luxury honeymoon, but often budgets don’t quite stretch to that, so be realistic about what you want and what you can afford. A good TRAVEL AGENT will always get you the absolute best value for what you want (being realistic of course) within your budget, and ensure you get access to any special offers available.
4. Consider a honeymoon savings plan. Your Way Travel offers a full honeymoon planning and booking service, and for a small deposit, can provide couples with the opportunity to start a honeymoon savings plan and gift list service for their family, friends and guests to pay into. This is a great way to save for the perfect honeymoon and maybe even be able to upgrade your experience.
5. Now that you have an idea what you want to do, possibly which part of the world you would like to go and how much you have to spend, it is time to consider what is actually on offer and where is best to travel to at the time of year you are getting married. There are lots of online tools to help with this, such as Holiday Weather, but your TRAVEL AGENT should be able to give you advice about best places to go and when. Check out my blog post on this subject AROUND THE WORLD IN 12 MONTHS for some inspiration and ideas
So where is “HOT” for 2017? Italy, the Greek Islands or Cyprus are very popular European destinations for a main honeymoon if you don’t want to go long haul. For Mini-moons, Venice, Rome, Prague, Madrid and Paris are popular choices. For long haul, Thailand, Maldives, Mauritius, Caribbean and Mexico are always very popular choices, but I am also seeing more couples opting for Australia, Hawaii, Vietnam, UAE, and USA (particularly road trips and California is VERY popular)
More couples are opting for twin or multi-centre holidays for their honeymoon, often a mixture of excitement and relaxation, so possibly a few nights in a city or doing a tour or safari, then a week at the beach. However another popular choice for couples marrying in the summer months it to take a mini-moon in UK or Europe immediately following their wedding then going for a longer, more relaxing break later in the year, to destinations like Indian Ocean, Thailand or the Caribbean.
Currently, some of the best value destinations are Vietnam, Mauritius and Thailand.
Looking for expert advice, great choice, great value and great service? Look no further as Your Way Travel can help you plan and book your perfect honeymoon. Stress Free. With access to all the mainstream and many specialist providers, we are a truly independent, one stop shop.